A PARK PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM
PRAIRIE CARE: Before & After School Care
The Prairie Care program is designed to provide a safe, recreational based program for children attending District 157C schools in grades Kindergarten – 5th grade. The program is coordinated by qualified staff who strive to develop a warm constructive relationship with the children. Prairie Care provides a creative and stimulating environment in which children can learn, grow and thrive at their own developmental pace.
Regular hours of the program will be from 6:30 AM until school begins and then from the end of school until 6:30 PM. Most district institute days are available. ALL BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS WILL FOLLOW THE SCHOOL DISTRICT POLICY ON SNOW DAYS – CLOSED.
New Registration Procedures
Please see registration forms for more information. You may drop off your payments to the Frankfort Park District at 140 Oak Street or at the Prairie Care site (if turned in on time). You may also fax registration forms in at 815-469-9275. No same week registration.
Registration Process – effective for October
The changes being made are needed to ensure the program has adequate staff and enough space to effectively administer the afterschool program.
- Monthly schedules will be required to be completed for the WHOLE MONTH. The District will no longer accept week to week calendars.
- Schedules for the entire month will be due by the end of day (midnight) on 3rd Wednesday of the month. A list of deadline dates is provided below.
- Registration forms may be dropped at Prairie Care, the Founders Center, and Founders Dropbox and via fax. Email registrations are not accepted. After the office opens on Thursday, registrations turned in will be considered late and will not be processed.
- Families must commit to a minimum of 8 sessions (AM or PM) per month per child.
- Payments can be made in 2 equal payments. A credit card must be kept on file.
- 1st payment processed on the day the form is submitted.
- 2nd payment will be automatically charged on the 6th day of the following month.
- Add-ons to the monthly calendar will incur a $25 surcharge per day plus the regular fee, based on availability.
- Any add-ons will be at the discretion of Prairie Care Staff and are not guaranteed. Forms are to be completed at Prairie Care.
- Approved add-ons should be made the week prior and never during the same week.
- Certain days may not be available due to the high enrollment. Staff will let you know ASAP upon processing.
- No credits or refunds for absences or missed days.
Registration Deadline Dates
Kindergarten – 5th Grade
|Price List||1 day|
|Before School Care||$12|
|After School Care||$17|
Prairie Care Forms:
Click on each form title to download.
- Prairie Care Handbook 2019
- Prairie Care Phone System
- FPD Registration Form
- Prairie Care Participation Sheet
- Consent Form – Photo First Aid Field Trips
- Medical Consent Release Form
- Technology Contract
- Prairie Care Registration Form – January 2020
- Prairie Care Registration Form – February 2020
- Prairie Care Registration Form – March 2020
Participants of Prairie Care and other students that are a part of 157C may register for all District Holidays/Early Dismissals on a per day basis with the exception of Spring Break. Below are Prairie Care offerings of the dates that 157C students are off of school. Labor Day weekend, the day before and after Thanksgiving, Winter Break and Memorial Day are not available. Note: There must be a minimum of 10 participants in order to run this program. You do not have to be a regular participant of Prairie Care to sign up for the District Holidays/Early Dismissal Days.
|Holiday Care||$50 per day||6:30 am – 6:30 pm|
|Early Dismissal||$30 per day||after school until 6:30 pm|
Here are the District Holiday offerings for Prairie Care. Payment is due 2 weeks prior.
|October 11||Institute Day||$50|
|October 14||Columbus Day||$50|
|October 31||Early Dismissal||$30|
|December 20||Early Release (One Hour)||$17|
|January 20||MLK Day||$50|
|February 14||Early Dismissal||$30|
|February 17||Presidents Day||$50|
|March 30 – April 3
||Spring Break Camp||TBA|
|May 29||Early Dismissal||$30|
|June 5||Early Dismissal||TBA|
GET LICENSED TO SUPPORT ILLINOIS YOUTH!
The sale and subsequent renewals of each plate generate $25 for the PowerPlay! Beyond School Grant Program, which funds youth programs in park and recreation agencies throughout Illinois. The goal of the PowerPlay! program is to increase the number of opportunities designed to show youth the lifelong benefits of fitness, health and nutrition. The Frankfort Park District Prairie Care program has been a recipient of this Grant for many years. For more information contact the Illinois Association of Park Districts at 217-523-4554 or iapd@ILparks.org.