Ice Rink @ Main Park
Update as of Thursday, November 21 2019
Park District staff have installed the ice rink boards. When the weather forecast looks favorable to make ice, staff will lay the liners and then the water will be added to the rink. Overnight temperatures need to be below freezing for a period of 3-5 days to start the ice process. We appreciate your patience during the waiting process.
Skating and/or walking on ice when it is not fully frozen leaves holes and large cracks in the ice. This creates a need to add additional water delaying the availability of the ice. Your cooperation in staying off the rinks until they are open is appreciated.
The Ice Rink at Main Park:
- When the rink is open, skating is dawn until 9:00 pm, Monday-Saturday and until 8:00 pm on Sunday.
- Outdoor winter recreation is subject to weather conditions. If conditions are unsafe, skating rink will be closed until they become safe again.
- Rink will not be cleared during snowfall, but when snowfall stops.
- In cases of heavy snowfall, rink may not be cleared.
- Skate at your own risk.
- Please check back for updates by visiting our Facebook page, check our website or by calling the Park District office at 815.469.9400.