NIAGARA FALLS & TORONTO, CANADA
Experience a true natural wonder! Feel the power of the “mighty Niagara” as you gaze at the Horseshoe, American and Bridal Veil Falls from the “Canadian side” – considered the best view of the Falls. Then experience the power up close onboard a boat ride on a “Hornblower Niagara Cruise” that takes you right up to the base of the Horseshoe Falls! Rain ponchos are provided. Then we will travel North to the spectacular city of Toronto for a guided tour. While there, we will visit Toronto’s majestic castle estate – Casa Loma! The trip includes motor coach transportation, 6 nights lodging, 10 meals, (6 breakfasts & 4 dinners), tours, cruise and more! Trip insurance prices vary depending on occupancy ($59 triple, $59 double and $69 single per person) Please write a separate check payable to “Travel Insured International, Inc.” or pay it online at www.travelconfident.com Limited space available; don’t wait to register!
Registration Deadline/Final Payment: February 27
Day/Date: Sunday, June 5 - 11
Depart: 8:00 am from the Founders Community Center
Return: In the evening on June 11 (TBA)
Fee: $669/person – double occupancy
$879/person – single occupancy
$649/person – triple occupancy
* $75 due upon signing
PURDUE UNIVERSITY CHRISTMAS SHOW
West Lafayette, IN
This year marks the 82nd Purdue Christmas Show. Spend an afternoon with us as we experience astounding seasonal music, dance and talent. This production is performed by the Purdue Musical Organization in the Elliott Hall of Music. Get ready for one show that will leave your spirit singing for joy and bring your Christmas traditions to a whole new level. Lunch will be at Grindstone Charley’s Restaurant & Pub. A fabulous menu paired with marvelous company to be shared by all.
Registration Deadline: October 1
Day/Date: Saturday, December 5
Departure: 8:15 am from Founders Community Center
Return: 5:15 pm (Approximately)
Fee: $86 (Fee includes transportation, lunch, and performance ticket)
CELEBRATE ELVIS’ BIRTHDAY WITH THE LEGENDARY RICK SAUCEDO DINNER & SHOW AT CHEF SHANGRI-LA
North Riverside, IL
Elvis Presley would be turning 81 years old on January 8 so join in celebrating with Rick Saucedo- a musician, singer, songwriter, actor, Elvis Presley tribute artist, John Lennon tribute artist, and Paul McCartney tribute artist. Rick had an increasing interest in music and he had always appreciated the music of Elvis Presley, going back to his junior high band in the ‘60s. In 1972, one particular song caught his attention, “Burning Love”, which turned out to become the main catalyst for Saucedo and began the creation of his tribute performances to Elvis Presley. He has been performing longer than Elvis himself did and decades later, Saucedo is still considered one of the top tributes to Elvis and has never stopped entertaining. A traditional Cantonese unlimited family-style dinner at Chef Shangrai-la’s includes Egg rolls, Crab Rangoon, Pot stickers, Broccoli beef supreme, Sweet & sour chicken, Veggie fried rice, gratuity and water/tea (additional drinks are on your own).
Registration Deadline: December 8
Day/Date: Friday, January 8
Departure: 5:30 pm from The Oaks Recreation & Fitness Center- West Parking Lot
10847 W La Porte Rd, Mokena
Return: 10:45 pm (Approximately)
Fee: $46 (Fee includes mini-motor coach, show, dinner with tax/gratuity included)
TULIP TIME ON THE ROMANTIC RHINE
AND MOSEL RIVER CRUISE
Traveling is a time of pleasure, filled with those "must see" and "must do" experiences in each destination. Experience the re-awaking of Spring in the Netherland as well as on the Rhine and Mosel Rivers. There is no better way to experience the Rhine and Mosel Rivers than by cruising through the heart of Central Europe aboard Mayflower Tours' newly built exclusively chartered, river cruise ship the MV Emerald Dawn. Visit Keukenhof Gardens at the Peak of tulip season. See the countryside bloom as we sail these two historic rivers of Europe. Experience Switzerland with its historic landmarks and Renaissance Town Squares; all set amongst the beautiful backdrop of the Swiss Alps. Return home with memories and Life Enriching experiences from your Cruise/Tour along the Rhine and Mosel Rivers.
Trip Highlights include:
- 11 Days- 23 Meals (8 dinners, 6 lunches, and 9 breakfasts)
- Roundtrip airport transfers on tour dates provided when air is purchased by Mayflower Tours
- Before cruising we begin in Lucerne, Switzerland with a two- night stay and touring
- International Cruise Director and Mayflower Tour expert staff onboard, plus local English-speaking guides for shore excursions
- There is no better way to experience the Rhine and Mosel Rivers than by cruising through the heart of central Europe aboard Mayflower Tours’ newly built, exclusively chartered, river ship the MV Emerald Dawn
- Once onboard, unpack only once in your tastefully furnished stateroom with a panoramic views of Europe.
- Included shore excursions escorted by local English-speaking guides in Lucerne, Strasbourg, Cochem and Cologne
- Narrated cruising through the UNESCO World Heritage Region of the Rhine River Valley including the legendary Lorelei Rock
- Explore beautiful Reichsburg Castle on an included excursion
- Included narrated canal cruise in Amsterdam
- Included visit to Keukenhof Gardens at the height of tulip season
- All meals included onboard cuisines
- All onboard dinners are four courses and are served with complimentary religion wines, beer and soft drinks
- Afternoon tea and late evening snack served daily in the lounge
- Comfortably furnished lounge and bar area with sofas and floor to ceiling windows
- Heated swimming pool, cinema and complimentary WiFi onboard
- Evening events and Local Insights onboard
- Enchanted touring experience with use of audio headsets
- Outdoor balcony featured in the suites on the Horizon Deck
- ‘Indoor’ balcony featured in the staterooms on the Horizon and Vista Decks
- $55 in Mayflower Money
Dates: April 6 - 16, 2016
Fee: $4,724 - $6,724 Double Occupancy/varies based on cabin type
Single Occupancy add additional cost: $1,899 - $2,349/based on cabin type
$400 deposit due at time of registration, plus cancellation insurance.
Departure: Mayflower Tours will pick up each individual from their home. Travelers will be notified of specific time 3 weeks before the trip.
Final Payment: 90 Days prior to departure.
To learn more about this cruise, join us for an informational seminar on Tuesday, September 15 at the Founders Community Center at 6:30 pm. Please call the Park District office at 815-469-9400 to reserve your spot.
Click here to download all the Fall 2015 Travel Programs.